Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

dressing a snowman

Introducing our new felt board friend...

His snowball circles, mittens, scarf, and hat are cut from felt.
{I added the details to the mittens and hat with fabric paint.}
His eyes are beads and his mouth is a bent pipe cleaner.
His arms are tiny twigs from the playground.
His buttons are from a lovely button stash.
And, oh!, I wish I could tell you where his mini carrot nose is from,
but I honestly have no idea.
{It's small enough to be dollhouse food.}


The snowman is fun, but this spinner is the best part.
{The idea for this came from Melissa at Chasing Cheerios.}
I made mine on a circle of white paper, glued to a circle of red paper.
I sketched the quirky little pictures and laminated it
along with a little red arrow made from paper.
I pushed a brad through the center of the circle,
and used a hole punch to cut a circle in the arrow.
{It spins pretty easily!}

The child spins the arrow...


...and outfits the snowman accordingly.
Whether it was done individually or with a partner,
the snowman was dressed over and over all day!

I hope you are all enjoying the holiday season!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome work Anne! So cute, love the added point o interest of the game spinner... lucky kids. This one will get a lot of mileage I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there from Alaska! I am LOVING your blog! Beautiful photos and inspiration!
    I’ve been discovering a lot of new (to me) blogs and it’s been wonderful to find so many like minded people!
    Feel free to drop by my blog as well. I’ve been enjoying posting more prolifically lately- Advent/holiday gift ideas, recipes, insights and tutorials. http://www.mountainpulse.blogspot.com/
    Off I go to peruse more of your blog-Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little felt board - is that a picture frame with felt in it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a similar snowman felt activity, but I LOVE the framed felt board. *goes to retreive frame from closet*

    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping I can get one of these cranked out before Monday!

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...