Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

oh tannenbaum...


This is absolutely my favorite Christmas-y lesson!
There's something so magical
about decorating a miniature tree
with teeny tiny ornaments...
it brings out my inner 3-year-old! :)


I think this is such a fun, inexpensive way to give your little one his or her own tree to decorate! Plus, it satisfies that insatiable love of itty bitty things that small children have and provides yet another way to strengthen fine motor control.

I actually set up a cuter version of this lesson for my nieces two Christmases ago. I bought the tree at Michael's, but I think you can find them at most craft stores. Michael's actually had miniature ornaments, tiny tree toppers, and bitsy strings of lights. I put all these decorations in a fancy box, and the girls decorated their tiny tree over and over again. It would also be fun to make your own wee decorations, and, as you can see in the photos, the mini tree in my classroom is set up with mostly regular-sized ornaments, but it is still a blast to decorate!

2 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike! I have a few versions of this in my classroom this week and a post all written and ready to publish in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The students love this work. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...