Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

a much loved art lesson

This art lesson is off the hook
in our classroom right now.
Seriously.
Everybody who's anybody
is busy making a mosaic during the work period.

If you're wondering how it's done,
just glue squares of foam
(construction paper would work, too)
onto a paper grid.
How simple is that?!
But it's fabulous -
because the child is improving
her fine motor skills

by using a paintbrush or a glue stick
(most choose the paintbrush method)
to stick a square
onto a paper grid.

Also, the child is developing his creativity
because he can make

whatever patterns he desires.
This lesson
could possibly be titled

Mosaic 101.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE it, and I Love your enthusiasm!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great!!! I've been thinking of trying some gluing with my son but I don't know if he's old enough. Maybe I'll make this but with a grid of squares that are bigger. You have great ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! Thanks, I think we'll try it today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and can't wait to add it to my shelves!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...