Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

learning tower acrobatics

Getting in and out of the learning tower is as easy as...
When we first brought the learning tower home for Elise, I decided to model the proper way to climb in and out using the "ladder" on the side.  Climbing up was easy, but when I tried to back down, I realized I was too big and that I was stuck!  I struggled for a ridiculous minute or two before deciding that the only way out was over the top.  I definitely didn't want Elise to see THAT way modeled, so Hubs distracted her while I catapulted myself to safety!

Needless to say, I haven't been in the learning tower since.  As for Elise, she loves being up there!  She quickly figured out her own way of getting in and out, and although her technique is slightly unconventional, it works.  I admire her determination and independence - and upper body strength!  ;) 

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic post! I can't decide whether to swap our Fun Pod for a Learning tower or not... We have such a tiny kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elsa! I wrote this post for you! ;) A photo seemed like the easiest way to explain Elise's unusual technique. I wonder if there's a way you could modify your fun pod for Finn to climb in and out... your brother is such a good woodworker, it seems like he could cut an opening in one of the sides or something!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful girl! This is such a great tool for young children to have. If it was cheaper or available used in my area I would definitely get one. Sixtine has mastered climbing on and down a stool! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow! What kind of stool does Sixtine use? She's getting to be so mature! Yes, I wish the learning towers were more affordable because they really are great way for little ones to be involved in the kitchen.

      Delete
  3. It is a high wooden stool (similar to this one: http://www.salvo.co.uk/images/userimgs/42255/Kitchen-High-Stool_60684_1.jpg). She is growing! We are going through so many changes - right now she needs to move her body so we are doing more gross motor activities (she climbs EVERYWHERE - it is scary!) and she is almost potty trained so that requires a lot. She is also learning new words everyday! I might just write a post about it! :) Did you get my emails? Have a beautiful day! ps: I am running a Little Chef Kit giveaway at the moment. You should give it a try! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...