Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

catch me if you can!


5 little gingerbread men on the tray.
One jumped up and ran away.

Catch me, catch me, oh catch me if you can!
I'm pretty fast,
I'm the gingerbread man!
4, 3, 2, 1...

Zero gingerbread men on the tray.
I'll have to bake more some other day!

I made the manipulatives for this
gingerbread man fingerplay this afternoon.
They're quite simple little men. :)
I cut them out of felt,
glued on the buttons,
fabric-painted their faces,
glued their bodies to card stock,
and stuck magnets to their backs.

I used manipulatives for a Halloween fingerplay back in October,
and it was a huge hit with the children.

It's such a concrete way to sing a song,

and the children can still use their fingers if they wish.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...