Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2008

matching objects to pictures


I've been thinking about making this particular variation of matching objects to pictures for awhile now, and I am so glad I finally got around to it! First I picked out the objects: mouse, squash, rake, carrot, pine cone, and corn kernel - I was envisioning a harvest kind of theme.
















Then, I made a collage that incorporated pictures that would correspond with my objects. They're not perfect matches because I didn't want to fuss over it too much! :) I ran it through the laminator (I love laminating things)...





... and voila!... a lesson that I can't wait to bring to school tomorrow! The main purpose of this lesson is to provide practice in visual discrimination for pre-readers. The child will choose an object and match it to a picture. I think it will also be a fun way to bring a 2-D picture to life and spark a little imagination! :)





2 comments:

  1. Oh, I think this is a brilliant idea! I'm going to try your pushing pipe cleaners idea too. (I got here through My Montessori Journey..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea and will definitely be recreating this

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...