Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday night thrifting...

I know, I know... I'm all about having a good time! Who wouldn't want to spend their Friday night at the thrift store? :) Anyway, I'm glad I stopped by after school (I usually go on Saturday mornings, but we have a ski-venture planned for tomorrow) because I found this incredible retro children's cook set. I think it may possibly span multiple decades. It's all in pretty good shape... a few dings and rust spots here and there. Each piece was individually priced, so I asked how much they would take for the whole set. I'm not much of a barterer, but I bought the set, plus a few random plastic dishes and a toy airplane, for $10. If it wasn't a good deal, don't tell me! I never buy anything at the thrift store for $10! I peeked on ebay to see if I could find out how much my treasures are worth, but I couldn't find anything quite like them.

Truth be told, what I really wanted was the little wooden rolling pin and the spatula with blue flowers on the handle. I guess I need to start my own school or have some kids soon - I've got to come up with some sort of reason for hording away this kind of stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Love that little rolling pin--makes me want to make some little biscuits! Looks like a Corning Ware design from the 70s on the spatula set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love this! Love! I think it was worth $10!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...