Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hello!

I went searching for some Montessori inspiration last weekend, and I ended up reading all these amazing blogs written by mothers and teachers:

Sew Liberated
My Montessori Journey
Chasing Cheerios
The Learning Ark

It was so much fun to read about everyone's adventures in life and Montessori, I decided to write my own blog! Me! A blogger! So much for being a lady of mystery... anyway, here's my story in short:

For three years, I taught at the most lovely Montessori preschool - I am a certified elementary teacher (K-8th grades) and a certified Montessori preschool teacher (3-6 year-olds). Then, last year, on a whim, the love of my life (R) and I decided to leave everything behind and move to Jackson, Wyoming for the winter. It turned out to be a winter of record-breaking snowfall and fabulous skiing! Here's a picture of me skiing on yet another fun snow day:

Anyway, as life tends to move in a circle, R and I found ourselves back in Montana this spring. Whenever I return to Montana, no matter how far (Wyoming!) or how long I've been away (8 months), it feels SO good! I am love with the mountains, the air, the people... it's kind of ridiculous! Montana is home sweet home to me. What's made it even sweeter since I've returned, is that R and I have gotten engaged AND we've purchased our first home. It all feels too good to be true, but wait, there's more: that lovely Montessori school where I used to teach offered me a job last week. After debating for approximately 1 second, I said "yes!," and today was my first day back at school.

I must admit, I felt a little rusty while setting up the classroom, but I know everything will come back to me eventually. Only one year has gone by since I last taught in a Montessori classroom! Only one year, but I feel like a different teacher - I feel more mature, grounded, inspired... So, the intent of my itty bitty things blog is to record the unfolding of this Montessori teaching experience, to share ideas and discoveries, and to become more involved in a greater Montessori community! I can't wait!

Here are some pictures of my thrifting treasures from this summer - even though I had no intention of teaching, I couldn't help myself!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...