Pages

Friday, September 4, 2015

favorite flower reads: flower study part 3

...my mother's garden is very nice, but if I had a garden there would be no weeds, and the flowers would keep blooming and blooming and never die.  

- Kevin Henkes (from My Garden)


As fall nears, our flowers are slowly fading, but Elise and I have enjoyed observing the next phase of the plant life cycle - seeds!  Here are a few books that have inspired out flower study these past few weeks:

  • Flowers by Rene Mettler
  • Alison's Zinnia by Anita Lobel
  • A Seed is Sleepy by Dianna Hutts Aston
  • Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert
  • My Garden by Kevin Henkes
  • The Reason for a Flower by Ruth Heller
Check out part 1 of our flower study here and part 2 here.  

Happy weekend, friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...