We'd been waiting for a really big snow, saving good stuff in a sack. Finally it was a perfect snowball day.
- Lois Ehlert (from Snowballs)
Here are a few of our favorite books to snuggle up with on a snowy afternoon. With the exception of the talking animals in Stranger in the Woods, all of these books are based in reality. Which is just right for 2.5 year-old Elise - too much fantasy leaves her confused and concerned!
- Owl Moon by Jane Yolen
- Snowballs by Lois Ehlert
- In the Snow: Who's Been Here? by Lindsay Barrett George
- Stranger in the Woods by Carl R. Sams II & Jean Stoick
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- What Can You Do in the Snow? by Anna Grossnickle Hines
What do you plan on reading this weekend?